Thursday, September 4, 2008

TREE PLANTATION 31-08-08

Sunday, the 31st was the very first productive Sunday. I’d been on our college’s NSS event of tree plantation. Though it hadn’t all begun with the ease I’d expected, with me missing the decided train, then being late, realizing I was still before the expected time.

After a nice travel in the train, from Dadar to Borivali, we finally reached our destination, SANJAY GANDHI NATIONAL PARK! We were put into different groups, so that we increase our networks. It helped quite a bit. People were friendly, never gave me a feeling that this is the first time, I’m seeing them.

Apart from networking and people, we did quite a good amount of work too. We started up with uprooting weeds, near previously planted trees. Then we also planted some more trees. Loads of hard work done that day. And also some chats and fun!

It was a memorable day, rather the most memorable SUNDAY in my recent memories. I’m eagerly waiting for the next upcoming event; I hope it’s as good, or even better. Hoping for the best!

4 comments:

sanket kambli said...

so maali(gardener) have u watered the plants...ha ha ..
good work by the way

Aditya said...

Hey nice to see ya blog.....
Wonderfully written..!!!
Even i do sometimes.....But not as often as u do

Unknown said...

:)

Nice way to spend a sunday.

A friend and I were planning a visit to Sanjay Gandhi National park on the 4th of September to commemorate Steve Irwin, but we never actually got to do it.

Sameeta Kambli said...

@sankoobaba
thank you

@aditya
thank you...i'm trying to be as frequent as possible.

@alok
Yeah, it might be one of those very few constructive sundays :)
It was a great day.