Wednesday, March 26, 2008

THE QUEST OF EIGHTEEN!!!!

I call it as the quest of 18, because when I was not 18 then I used to wonder why is 18 given so much of an importance and why not nineteen which by it’s ending –teen should be preferably given much importance? I used to wonder why does the band Creed have a song “I’m eighteen; I get confused everyday, eighteen I just don’t know what to say”.

But now I’ve realized it, when I’ve finally reached the age EIGHTEEN!!!!!! I’ve reached this age in November and since then till now really my mind works a lot, more than it should on matters, not so important. And then I wonder why in the first place was I thinking about it?

There is a constant fight within; I just don’t know how many personalities reside inside me! I become highly unpredictable, at times surprising the angel within, and at times the devil.

Sometimes it’s just the urge to be like everyone else, sometimes the heart just wishes to go against the trend! Sometimes there is a feeling of being a teacher’s pet, sometimes of being a total punk. Sometimes I want to be a drama queen; sometimes I prefer the back stage. Sometimes I want crowd around me, sometimes I just want to be lonely in my room!

And on all that when I try to see what I am exactly like, through some silly know yourself quizzes, I feel like selecting all the options given….??? Eventually confusing me more than I am already!

Then I wonder why in the first place am I thinking of all this, when I’ve better things in life to think about? Like, how my internship in companies like Cadbury and Shangrila will be, or how I enjoyed my stay at my friend’s place!

But that’s what your brain does when you are EIGHTEEN!!!! Before you are EIGHTEEN you wonder why it’s given so important, after you are EIGHTEEN you just wonder, why are you doing, whatever that is being done! And after EIGHTEEN maybe I’ll think why I did this, or did not do this when I was EIGHTEEN? Thus carrying on the quest of EIGHTEEN till eternity!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

hey sam watever u hav writen is really good yaar!!!!!!!!!!i thnk u hav jus put 2gether most of d thngs common to all of us at dis confuzzzzing age of 18.

Punit. Prabhu said...

hey gud thinkin sameeta!!!!!

it is the common question among the youngsters..

Unknown said...

oh my GOD ....U knw wat sameee watever u hav written is damn TRUE !!!dis is xatly wat happens wen v turn 18 and r tagged as "MATURED" people .....i feel dat watevr u hav xpressed in words abt ur feelings is felt by every1 wen det turn 18 ......rock on gal ...keep it up !!!! m xtremely happy n satisfied wid ur views ....gud luc !!

sanket kambli said...

this is just the beginning..just wait till you are 21..then you will know..what confusion really means..still enjoy the era..coz u r 18 only once..

Unknown said...

hey thats good!

eveyr1 feels that way at sum point of time

u have xpressed it pretty well!

keep writing

Nanma said...

most 'eighteeners', if not all, do describe themselves as 'confused'.but i think this only applies to those who haven't yet made an image of their own or aren't satisfied with what people identify them with.for those who have strong personalities already, 'confused' will never be a word asociated with themselves. wot say, sameeta?

Ðr. MåÑï$H said...

maybe u shld think of writing a book nw....seriously u surprised me....u write very well....

BIG Omi said...

Hey,
Very true Eighteen is 18..
I liked your post.. refreshing and full of spirits..
Made me go in the wonderland of yesteryears.. teenaga.. miss them..

Take care

BIG Omi said...

Arey wjere are you these days? no post no comments..
Anyways hope you doing great in whatever you do?
All d best .. tc
omi

Tasha said...

I used to think 18 is the Age of Freedom -- you get to vote, you become a legal adult etc. etc.

Obviously, such was not the case. I still couldn't go for late night rock shows, still couldn't go for overnight trekking, sleepovers etc.

But I wasn't confused at 18...I've always been confused. It doesn't require an age!