Friday, May 14, 2010

Victory over laziness.....


I’ve been experiencing this, since childhood. And maybe, those who are reading would agree with me. Exams are the time our brain is highly creative.

I’ll tell why I’m saying this. It so happened that during exams, I had come up with real creative topics for the posts on my blog, I’d come up with the idea of actually making a new blog, and lots other things I can do over the vacation, to keep myself busy. But as a matter of fact, if you see my blog the last post, it hardly shows ay signs of active posting.

Examination time, was exhausting, so, as they got finished, all I wanted to do was to take rest! But my ‘post-examination commitments’ did not let me do that for a week! After a tiring week, I decided I would take rest! I told myself, “take rest, do hell with the rest”.

But that rest was a seedling, it seeded laziness in me. That grew onto become a monstrous tree in me, making my brain heavy with its huge branches, and feet heavy with its roots. All I did was watch TV, surf mindlessly, eat, sleep, and chatter along with friends! Whenever I felt that I should use my brain a little more, I used to start reading a novel, and even an interesting one would make me sleepy within minutes. I used to give up on that too!

Then one fine day! I was remembered of my plan to be blogging super-actively in the vacation. So, in the browser I enter the address, and the page comes up, I take a look at the post, I scowl for not writing and thinking of what I should be writing next out of those many possible options for a topic. Still undecided, I open Microsoft word, look at it, sigh, look left, look right, ponder over the keyboard for a while, sigh again, and close it, knowing that the brain isn’t really in the mood for thinking.

This went on for quite a few days, but not today! Today is no ordinary day! Today I decided I would conquer and surprisingly, I did! Just happy for myself! Let’s see I could write a post, now I’ll try my best to clear up the backlog!

Till then have a great time!

1 comment:

sanket kambli said...

lazy girl
sirf tv dekho tum