Saturday, July 3, 2010

Cheers to all these years in GD!!!!


My vacation has been going on since April, but it’s now that it’s just few days back it’s started feeling like a normal vacation to me. Reason, is very simple, every vacation since I was 13 I’ve spent it with Neha, and now that her exams have finished, it all seems normal. These days, I’ve started spending my afternoons with her, and we also have our usual post-dinner walks! I really enjoy them all!

Vacations mean a lot to me. It takes me back to all those days. Life in GD has always been special, and it doesn’t seem like 8 years at all! We have played ludo, cards, attended drawing class, watched movies, made candles and last but not the least gossiped, chatted for hour’s altogether. This was usually the afternoon programme. What was even more exciting was the evening programme. The evening where we, (now, 'we' isn’t just Neha and me, it includes a group of people along a varied range of age) but still “WE” used to come together and play! Those days can easily be classified as “Freakin’ Awesome”.

The games we played include Badminton, Kho-Kho, Dog N the Bone, Dodge Ball, Carrom and last but not the least, and the most unusual and the most played was “Bhoot-Bhoot”. Playing that game was like playing the staple game, like the trademark of us GD people. Day was never complete without it, and it had quite flexibility of rules, so it was one of the best! Everyone had their way of playing it, usually I used to stay hidden, so long, that people would forget I’m hiding, they would finish the game, and I would still be hiding. Some had the knack of making the one with the “dine” run behind them a lot before getting caught! And obviously, one person just loved getting caught at the end of the game and would be the ‘sort-of hero’. No need to mention the name, I Guess!

Apart from the games, those parties used to be fun too. We had great reasons for partying, other than birthdays, a party to mark the start of a vacation, one to mark the end, and many such reasons. Parties were fun-filled and food-filled too and obviously filled with the energy of GD-ites. I also enjoyed staying among the elders, and listen them talk, even though I understood nothing of it.

Loads and loads of things made the vacation special. But there are few memories, which time hasn’t faded yet, and every time I think of them a smile creases along my lips.

· I remember I’d played so badly once, that, my pink t-shirt had become completely brown from behind

· Obviously, we all weren’t always in harmony, and during one such argument, one of the guys had sarcastically suggested I use ‘boric powder’ to improve my complexion, basically to look fairer.

· I’d once been advised that I’m among the good players, and while playing kho-kho I should avoid the corners. ( I felt very proud of myself at that time )

· I’d won first prize in slow-cycling, and it had just been a year, I’d learnt cycling.

· All the dance performances I’ve done at every function/party :P

· The first performance by GD boys on the song from the movie ‘Kaante’.

· How all the guys used to dance wildly when the light used to be switched off in a party.

· All the names I and Neha were called by!

· The picnic at the resort! And the singing of the songs in the bus!

· The first time I’d watched Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone at Vaidehi’s place.

· Those choreography and drawing lessons.

· Lessons learnt at the same class, other than choreography and drawing :P

· Every Holi since we first started playing.

In fact, Holi is the only time now, we come together like we used to. I couldn’t play it this year, but I’m always eagerly waiting for the next Holi, till then GD people ‘KEEP ROCKING’ like you always do!!!! Cheers to all these years in GD!!!!

2 comments:

sanket kambli said...

lucky you.to have such a good friend

Jude said...

nicely written :) and very damn similar to my own society! :D